In exceptional circumstances a deferral request may be granted at the discretion of the College. The rules governing deferrals are outlined below:
- Candidates must submit deferral requests and any supporting documentation to email@example.com at least 2 weeks in advance of the relevant examination date;
- Deferral requests due to visa difficulties will not be accepted;
- If a deferral is granted, the administrative fee will be processed and the candidate will be withdrawn from the relevant examination date and automatically transferred to the next sitting. Candidates can only be transferred to the next sitting and cannot chose to be deferred to a later sitting. A candidate’s eligibility for an examination will not be affected by a deferral as a result of the time delay;
- If the deferral is not granted, the candidate will be given the option of remaining on the schedule for the examination date previously applied for (and the fee will not be returned) or withdrawing from the examination. If the candidate withdraws, the fee will be returned less the administrative fee.;
- There is one deferral available per examination. After this time, a new examination application must be made;
- If a candidate wishes to withdraw their application for an examination before the closing date of application, the fee will be returned less the administrative fee.
- A withdrawal request submitted after the closing date will not receive any refund.
- Withdrawal requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or change the location of an examination. In the event that an examination is rescheduled or cancelled by the College, the College will endeavour to inform all applicants at least 6 weeks prior to the examination date and will offer a refund of the registration fee or the option to defer to another date.
Cancellation of examinations by the College will not affect the eligibility of candidates for the rescheduled sittings.