The process of Hospital Accreditation is a vital part of the activities of the College. The main aim of the process is to ensure high quality training for trainees in each of the approved hospitals for training. This involves an assessment of the quality of anaesthesia practice in the hospital, an assessment of the training capacity of the hospital in terms of numbers and seniority of trainees and an assessment of the quality of training activities in the hospital, both clinical and academic.
Other aims of the process include communication between the hospital and the College, particularly
with the College Tutors, feedback from the Inspectors on the quality of training in the institution and support for the Anaesthesia Department in achieving adequate resources and status within the hospital.
Detailed review of hospitals involved in SAT Training will include an inspection visit to the hospital, normally at five-year intervals. The Training Committee may undertake more frequent reviews if deemed necessary or if requested by the hospital.
The hospitals accredited for Specialist Anaesthetic Training (SAT) for 2018 are listed below:
- Adelaide, Meath, National Children’s Hospital, Dublin
- Beaumont Hospital, Dublin
- Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Dublin
- Children’s University Hospital, Temple St, Dublin
- Connolly Hospital, Dublin
- Coombe Women’s Hospital, Dublin
- Cork University Hospital
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda
- National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street, Dublin
- Letterkenny General Hospital
- University Hospital Limerick
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin
- Mayo General Hospital
- Mercy University Hospital, Cork
- Midland Regional Hospital, Mullingar
- Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin
- Rotunda Hospital, Dublin
- Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin
- South Infirmary Victoria Hospital, Cork
- St James’s Hospital, Dublin
- Sligo General Hospital
- University College Hospital Galway
- St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin
- Waterford Regional Hospital
- Wexford General Hospital
A review of the Hospital Accreditation process is currently underway, further details will follow in due course.
If you have any queries regarding Hospital Accreditation please contact the Training Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.